Friday, December 11, 2009

Going Rogue: The Squeakquel

I too am leaving my spiffy new job...for a different spiffy new job. The outlook for teachers is bleak, my friends. With the state of the economy, and cuts and downsizing galore, I'll be lucky if there are any teaching positions posted for next school year. The district I'm currently in is very small and there are many teachers who will be laid be off next year, as well as many positions that will be eliminated all together. My new position will be in a much larger district, which expands my job prospects considerably. Now, having my foot in the door doesn't guarantee that I'll be chosen for any open teaching positions, but it certainly doesn't hurt my chances. Anyway, it was a tough decision, but I think I made the right one.

In other news, Jack's busy being cute all the time. Except when he's being naughty...he has this way of smiling at you when he's going to do something he's not supposed to - you think he's just the cutest thing in the world, until you realize you're being conned by a 1 year old. He also has so much going on inside his little head, but he doesn't have the words to express it yet. So he screams or cries when can't get his point across. He still is just the cutest thing in the world though!

1 comment:

Jen said...

So what will you be doing in this new job?