Friday, November 06, 2009

A bang-up job

I'm the computer lady.

Yes, I know that I'm the first person you think of when your computer has a melt down and you're wondering where to turn for help. Not. In spite of this, I applied for, and got a computer para-pro position at the 3-5 building in the district I was subbing for. I assist the teachers in teaching technology standards and will eventually work with them on planning and teaching lessons that integrate technology (SMART board, laptops, etc.). So far I'm enjoying it and the teachers and staff all seem very nice. The best part is that I basically have the freedom to take this job where ever I want. A lot of the teachers are afraid of technology and it's my job to help them use it in their daily teaching. So far I've been spending a lot of my "tech integration" time playing with the SMART board, researching educational websites, and figuring out all the programs and software we use. Week 1, a success...despite being rear-ended on my way to the brand new job on Monday.

3 comments:

katohater said...

That's excellent! Technology is a very good area to be in at this current time. And do your best to be the only one who knows the various technologies so that they can't lay you off.

Now, does this mean you will be getting a MacBook for work? You should be able to get an education discount, if Dave hasn't already told you about it.

That sucks about getting rear-ended. Was there a lot of damage or was it a little love tappy tap?

chooiegoos said...

congratulations Jaime!!!

Jaime said...

Thanks Chapmans! Dave is the one who wants a new computer, and we did know about the education discount. I actually get a j.crew discount too, but it's not much and I don't think they can be used together. As far as the rear ender...um, I backed into a pole a while ago and that did more damage than this accident. But, I'm now able to get it repaired now because it was all part of the bumper.