Thursday, September 10, 2009

I brought my...pencil!

I'm a teacher again. For a while anyway. It was sort of like I never left, aside from the months of indecision, and searching, and interviewing, and agonizing. My new first graders are not really mine at all. They belong to Mrs. C and she will be taking them from me in November. I'm enjoying it now, being a part of a school, starting the new year, and teaching each day, but trying not to think of what will happen when it's over. First of all, I'm already getting attached to these kiddos, something I naively thought I could avoid. Secondly, come November, I'll be right there looking again. Although, there's not as much uncertainty as there was even a week ago. I know now that I won't have my own classroom this year. Also, I have some prospects after this job. Worst case, I'll be able to pick and choose certain schools to sub in and try them out. It's been a good, yet exhausting week. I'm still working full time at the crew, which means I didn't get to see Mr. Bananas at all Tuesday or Wednesday. We played today though, and he took 3 steps!! He's going to be walking any day.

This is for you Katohater, some more nuggets to philosophize over:
What is love?
Where is the soul?
What is the meaning of life?

Jenna...we love you no matter what. You had your reasons, and ultimately it's none of our business. I'm sorry you were unhappy for so long. And, just so you know, you can "for a saw bananas everyday."

No comments: