Friday, September 04, 2009

Must be the full moon...

What is with all the crazies? We won't even talk about Tuesday night at the crew...it was that bad with crazy customers. But today? Okay, so you're cool. You're mediocre looking and you have some cronies you call buddies that follow you around. You're sarcastic and love to show your buddies how clever you are. You come into my store. Do I bother you at your place of work? Do I make snide comments and treat you like you're less than dirt, and then ask if you're hiring? Do you really want a job? Maybe if I acted like you, and gave side fives that turned into awkward hand-holding at my interviews I'd get hired.

Okay, so you're shopping with your daughter. You don't want help...you don't NEED help from the "girls" in the store. You come out to find a new size or item for your daughter and look lost. I ask you if I can help you find something. You don't stop, or look at me, or act as though I'm a human being who is paid money to help people like you find what they are looking for. You want to do it yourself. That's fine, but don't treat me like I'm following you around the store putting on the high pressure sales. I apologize if this upsets you, but when you come into my store, we will try to help you.

Okay, so you're a security guard. I don't know if you get paid enough, but from my understanding, your job is to keep the mall and its occupants safe. I get it, you're working the late shift, you probably don't have to do much. I ask you to assist me in securing my store. You don't really respond in a way that makes me feel secure...in fact you hardly respond at all. What? You can't look at me? You can't respond to or even acknowledge a simple "thank you"?

All I have to say to you all is:
That don't impress me much.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I hate people like that!