Saturday, March 03, 2012

Green Eggs and Ham

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss...a day late yes, but Happy Birthday none the less!

Okay - if I was really good I'd have thought ahead and made my entire post rhyme...but I'm not. I've been working for about 5 weeks now, and my motivation for cooking has rapidly decreased. However, my new obsession with Pinterest, combined with some fun new products from Pampered Chef have given me a bit of a boost! This week I'm trying 3 recipes from my "recipes to try" board. In honor of the great Dr. Seuss, I made this Green Eggs and Ham recipe from pauladeen.com for breakfast. I recently got the new mini pie pans from pampered chef and decided to try them out with this recipe. They. Are. Awesome!

Ingredients:
8 slices deli ham, thinly sliced
1 slice sandwich bread, divided into 4 pieces
4 eggs
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup White Cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400ºF

Lightly coat 4 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray. Fit two of the ham slices into each cup (ham ends will be above cup edges). Divide bread among cups.



In a blender, combine eggs, spinach, salt and pepper and blend. Divide mixture among cups. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake on middle oven rack until egg is cooked. Approximately 15-20 minutes. When warm enough to handle, remove the cups from the muffin tins and serve with a slice of toast and crispy bacon.

So, I made individual little pies for Dave, Jack, and myself. I used the same quantity of ingredients except I actually used 9 pieces of ham (3 per pie pan because the pans are a tad larger than muffin cups), and I tossed the 4th quarter piece of bread to Hudson :) I just divided the egg and spinach mixture evenly among the 3 pie pans. They slid out perfectly from the pans and I didn't even use cooking spray.

Jack, of course insisted he did not like them. I, in true dork fashion, recited parts of the story to him and even resorted to telling him he was just like the grumpy old Curmudgeon in the book. He finally begrudgingly tried one bite. And, just like in the story, he immediately professed his love for Green Eggs and Ham! And he would eat them here and there, and he would eat them ANYWHERE! Yeah...not really...he almost cried as he choked down his one bite...but Dave and I enjoyed them!

5 comments:

multi cuisine restaurant in new delhi said...

Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your blog is so cool. I'm impressed by the details that you’ve on this blog.

Commodity Tips said...

Thanks for sharing excellent informations.

mcx tips said...

It was an excellent learning experience many thanks.

Nancy Bonifacio said...

I'm glad I found your blog. Everything on your site looks delicious! Can't wait to try some things out at home. :)

❤Spark❤ said...

Hey Jamie!

Do you have any Veggie dishes?!

Check out my page: I like Cosmic stuff. Hope you'll like the content :)

*Spark