Monday, March 30, 2009

Is this lump out of my head?

In my teacher induction program we're working on what's called the Teacher Supervisory Process. We have 8 professional goals that we analyze and collect evidence for. It's all about looking at what we do and reflecting on how we could do it better. So of course this also makes me reflect on my personal goals. My most important personal goal right now is to spend as much time as possible with Jack and Dave. Now this ties in with my professional life too because I need to be a much better time manager at work. I've always been a "set-asider"...I set things aside when I don't want to deal with them and I "get back to them" later. In reality I don't get back to them at all or I wait until I can't ignore them any longer. Lately, I've been forcing myself to take care of things right away. It's amazing how much more I get done. Usually, I'd throw something in my crate, intending to do it at home. Then, I get home and don't touch anything. Now, I take care of those little things before I leave, they take me 5 minutes, and I'm done. No more back burner, no more hanging over my head, no more to do list.

#6 on to do list (write blog post) completed

No comments: