Monday, January 09, 2012

My stocked kitchen

One of the greatest joys of my "housekeeping" life is finding I have the ingredients I need for a new recipe on hand already. I feel like I've won the lottery...a whole meal, ready to prepare, without purchasing new ingredients! When I recently came across The Stocked Kitchen at Barnes and Noble, I was intrigued. Now, being the worst decision maker in the world, I decided against buying the book, at that time, but made a note to check into it more once I got home. I found the website, and a few recipes online. I'd still really like to own the book...does anyone have any experience with the stocked kitchen method?

I did print out a copy of "the list" and found my kitchen is more stocked than I thought. What I particularly like is the idea of using the list to stock up on sale items from the list. I was planning on making Bruschetta Pasta for dinner tonight (because, joy, I have all the ingredients!!) but wanted to have fresh bread as well. It will have to wait until tomorrow. In the meantime I'm already crafting my grocery list for next week using my trusty The Stocked Kitchen Grocery List.

1 comment:

Stemshul said...

One of my greatest joys is being able to eat all the delicious food you make for us.